Responsible for processing registration and discharge of patients, appropriate placement of patients with providers, verifying insurance benefits, and making financial arrangements to ensure maximum reimbursement to Los Angeles Christian Health Centers. Must be bi-lingual Spanish. Must have excellent computer experience and mathematical skills. Demonstrate Christ-like behavior and attitude in all job duties and responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include:
- Greet all patients, students, volunteers, delivery personnel and any other visitor as they approach the front.
- Maintain patient flow by coordinating closely with clinical staff: such as Medical; Dental, etc.
- Register all patients per registration protocols and collect all documentation
- Scan required documentation into eClinicalWorks per protocol.
- Follow protocol in informing RNs or providers immediately when clients are presenting urgent symptoms such as: chest pain, shortness of breath, acute abdominal pain, etc.
- Reviews and verifies patient coverage of insurance and financial data and computes the charges to be paid by the patient.
- Collects co-pays or deductibles prior to the patient being seen by the provider using established policies and procedures.
- Follow protocol when collecting cash from patients.
- Maintain and prepare daily scheduled appointments.
- Maintain a high accuracy rate when entering appropriate patient information into eClinicalWorks.
- Follow proper telephone etiquette and protocol when answering phone calls.
- Schedule follow-up appointments, if needed, before client departs
- Assist in calling for consult notes or diagnostic imaging and results, as needed, when directed at Clinic Service Site (CSS) locations.
- Assist providers with clerical duties as needed at CSS locations.
- Manages necessary LACHC-related paperwork for clients. Stock and organize paperwork.
- Schedules appointments for clients, both in-clinic and outside appointments and sends reminders.
- Follow-up on no-show patients on a daily basis
- Communicates patient complaints to appropriate supervisor.
- Assist with scheduling optometry appointments, including follow-up and dispensing of glasses.
- Support when possible with translating.
- Receive incoming mail and delivery packages and phones appropriate staff for pick up
- Maintain a clean and orderly lobby area.
- Assist in maintaining office supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. .
- Professional and positive attitude
- Ability to multi-task; well-organized
- Computer literate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bi-lingual Spanish (read and write).
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions
- Must be CPR certified
- Must have reliable transportation including ability to travel locally when needed, Including the different Clinics Sites.
- Must dress in business casual including wearing a blazer or suit when needed
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), three months to one year of related experience and/or training, or equivalent of education and experience.
Knowledge of medical procedures and practices helpful. Computer experience required
Full-time, Non-Exempt position with 403B retirement plan with employer match. Annual salary range is $26,253 – $39,380. Equal Opportunity Employer. Will consider candidates with criminal histories.