Support and promote LACHC’s mission to follow Christ by loving and serving our neighbors through comprehensive, quality healthcare, particularly in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. The Care Coordinator will assist with surveillance testing coordination, contact tracing for people experiencing homelessness, coordination for testing for congregate sites, coordination for services for Project Room Key (PRK) sites and ordering of test kits from contracted and partnered laboratories. The Care Coordinator will collect relevant data metrics for testing, including but not limited to: daily testing numbers, race/ethnicity data and overall positivity rates. The Care Coordinator will also be responsible for assisting in isolation/quarantine coordination, including patient escorting when needed to isolation sites in the community and collecting weekly data for isolation transfers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include:
- Embed as needed with street teams to help with notification of results and contact tracing in people experiencing homelessness
- Assist in coordinating isolation/quarantine and tier 1 referrals
- Assist on surveillance testing teams to go to congregate spaces like shelters/missions/SROs to conduct testing for 10% of residents and 20% of staff weekly
- Assist CIO in communication to shelters on new admission testing, cohort living and ongoing screening
- Manage results from mass testing or street testing done – communicating these to DPH, organizing re-testing teams – dates, staffing, etc
- Manage workflow changes for COVID testing algorithm, COVID outdoor screening and County COVID testing
- Coordinate schedule for surveillance testing teams, particularly in Skid Row area – SROs/shelters/congregate spaces
- Coordinate medical services requests for PRK sites when needed
- Manage test kit ordering, tracking and supply for Westpac and Quest
- Track data for daily and weekly testing at clinic, street testing, and surveillance testing
- Track testing metrics, i.e. race/ethnicity data on a weekly basis
- Track number of symptomatic patients and patients needing isolation transfers on a weekly basis
- Manage line lists for surveillance and outbreak testing and send to DPH
- Act as point person for DPH for all LACHC testing data
- Assist with LACHC staff testing coordination
- Assist CIO in COVID positive collaboration calls with DHS, DPH, JWCH and LAFD
- Assist in contact tracing and tracking staff exposure for all clinic-based COVID positive cases
- Assist in follow up of missing test results from Quest, Westpac and other partnered labs
- Assist CIO in communication with shelters on isolation and quarantine procedures
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- CPR Certification required.
- Bi-lingual Spanish preferred
- Experience with data entry preferred
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or GED required, Bachelor’s degree preferred. Prior experience in the health care setting is preferred. Prior experience working with the homeless, substance using, or chronically mentally ill individuals preferred.
Experience with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, and eClinical Works preferred.
Familiarity with medical terms and operations of clinics useful.
Proficiency in English required, Bi-lingual/ Bi-literal Spanish preferred.
Full-time, Temporary, Non-Exempt position. (If position continues for more than two months: Medical, Dental and Vision) 403B Retirement Plan with Employer match.
Annual salary range is $36,884 – $55,326. Equal Opportunity Employer. Will consider candidates with criminal histories. Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org