Our ability to carry out our mission depends upon the quality of medical and administrative staffs. We’re always looking for talented individuals to join us. When you work for LACHC, you’re part of an organization that cares for forgotten or ignored members of our community who are sick, poor and, all-too-often, homeless. Many attempt to manage chronic illnesses, such as diabetes, hypertension and depression, from meager supplies. They also may be looking for ways to survive the grips of poverty, addiction, pain and abuse. You have a chance to make an immediate difference in their lives, shown through the spontaneous smiles on their faces and moving expressions of gratitude.
Physician (FP and Internal Medicine)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND PRIVILEGES include:
• Perform evaluation and treatment of patients in the outpatient setting at Los Angeles Christian Health Centers sites. Assess medical needs and compile care plan, addressing acute needs, chronic conditions, and preventive health maintenance. Furnish/transmit appropriate medications and treatments. Perform in-office procedures such as incision and drainage, arthrocentesis, nail removal, skin biopsy, and cryotherapy.
• Keep accurate, concise, and thorough documentation of all medical history, exam findings, assessment, treatment/interventions, and education; complete documentation and lock progress notes in a timely manner.
• Review and electronically sign off on all laboratory results, diagnostic results, and outside consult notes in a timely manner, ensuring patient is contacted for follow up if clinically appropriate.
• Initiate and follow through on specialist referrals and e-consults (electronic consults), communicating with specialist providers as necessary, in the provision of whole- person care.
• During shifts, conjointly supervise medical assistants along with Medical Assistant Supervisor and clinic nurse or charge nurse.
• Participate in LACHC meetings as able and available, including morning “team huddles”, Provider Meetings, and All-Staff Meetings.
• Actively participate in spiritual care for patients and staff which may include prayer and referral to community resources.
• Provide compassionate care for patients who, depending on the clinic site, are predominately homeless, may suffer from mental illness, and often lack resources to care well for themselves.
• As able and available, depending on number of hours worked, actively participate in Continuous Quality Improvement activities at LACHC, including teaching other providers on selected topics, implementing team- based care, participating in peer reviews, evaluating clinical performance measures, and implementing improvements using a Plan-Do-Study-Act method of stepwise changes.
• Meet productivity standards for outpatient primary care at LACHC, including an expectation of 18 patients seen per usual 8 hour day.
• Network with other health care agencies and county facilities as needed or requested.
• Assist in provision of health screenings (including TB, diabetes, hypertension) at outreach events, as able and available.
• Maintain active enrollment in Medicare, Medicaid, Managed Care, and other payor programs as needed for clinical operations, completing credentialing paperwork in a timely manner to remain actively enrolled in these programs.
• Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to accomplish each essential duty satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bilingual Spanish preferred.
Licensed to practice medicine in California. BC/BE Internal Medicine, or Family Medicine. A copy of California License and DEA license are required. CPR Certification is also required.
Part-time, Non-Exempt position with 403B retirement plan with employer match. Annual salary range is $162,101 - $270,169. Equal Opportunity Employer. Will consider candidates with criminal histories. Please submit letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org