Our ability to carry out our mission depends upon the quality of medical and administrative staffs. We’re always looking for talented individuals to join us. When you work for LACHC, you’re part of an organization that cares for forgotten or ignored members of our community who are sick, poor and, all-too-often, homeless. Many attempt to manage chronic illnesses, such as diabetes, hypertension and depression, from meager supplies. They also may be looking for ways to survive the grips of poverty, addiction, pain and abuse. You have a chance to make an immediate difference in their lives, shown through the spontaneous smiles on their faces and moving expressions of gratitude.
Provides dental services to patients of the Los Angeles Christian Health Centers. Renders dental care within the limitations of professional licensing and training. Actively supports LACHC’s mission of showing God’s love by providing quality, comprehensive health care to the homeless and underserved in Los Angeles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND PRIVILEGES include:
Dentist must assert competency and demonstrate competence in the following procedures to be awarded privileges to perform dental evaluation and treatment of patients at the clinic: dental examination; cleaning and scaling; administration of local anesthesia; prescribe appropriate medications; deliver appropriate restorations; manage and support oral surgical procedures as permitted; and prosthetics support services as permitted.
Dentist must fulfill these additional duties and responsibilities:
- Keep accurate records on treatment plan and care given.
- Provide patient education, and keep accurate records on education given.
- Provide day-to-day supervision of dental assistants.
- Assist as requested in development of dental budget and fund raising.
- Represent dental clinic to outside agencies and participate in collaborations.
- Participate in dental outreach events.
- Assist in quality assurance and peer review activities under the supervision of the Dental Director and Medical Director
- Attend all staff meetings and dental department meetings as required.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Bilingual Spanish preferred.
Licensed to practice dental hygiene in California. A copy of the California License required. Must be CPR certified. Full-time, Regular, Non-Exempt position. Medical, Dental, Vision and 403B retirement plan with employer match. Hourly rate: $29.86. Equal Opportunity Employer. We will consider candidates with criminal histories. Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org